Careers with Campanale
Job title: Leasing Administrator
Company: Campanale Management
Job type: Full-time
Hours of work: 8:30am to 5:00pm, Mon-Fri
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Campanale Management is a full-service rental company offering new residential homes, condominiums, commercial leasing opportunities and management services to the market. Our portfolio is comprised of rental properties and commercial opportunities across the Greater Ottawa Area and in Arnprior, Ontario. Based in our Head office on Bank Street, and reporting to the Property Manager and Condominium Manager, the Property Administrator is responsible for providing support on all aspects of the day-to-day administrative activities for both the owned and managed real estate portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post all ads for available properties, ensure marketing is advised of current availability.
- Address all rental inquiries.
- Update and maintain the rental waiting list.
- Process rental applications. This includes but is not limited to collecting signed applications, proof of income, photo identification, running credit checks and sending to property manager for approval.
- Input declined applications into Yardi and file application where directed.
- Address all tenant inquires related to move in, move out, rental payment, utilities, Canada post and all related matters as required.
- Create leases, collect LMRs and all required documentation prior to move in.
- Process all move in and move outs:
- Update Yardi accordingly.
- Prepare and send out move out letters & schedule moveout out inspections.
- Prepare Tenant and new homeowner welcome packages.
- Book key pick-up appointments and meet with new tenants to review package.
- Prepare rent receipts as required.
- Process all subletting & assignment requests.
- Arrange payment plans as requested by property manager with tenants.
- Process rent renewals every month.
- Run lease expiry report and provide to property manager to approve increases.
- Prepare N1’s and send out to Tenants.
- Schedule annual inspections.
- Maintain only current tenant files in filing cabinets. Previous tenants or files set up for tenants that did not move in should be archived in conjunction with the existing archive box method.
- Prepare monthly rent roll and update any incorrect lease information.
- Update Yardi on all tenant information, including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
- Maintain post-dated cheques and inform tenants when the last cheque is used.
- Maintain tenant liability insurance documents and request new documents upon renewal.
- Create newsletters and notices as per the Property Manager’s direction.
- Commercial Tenants to be notified when there is an increase in their rental payment upcoming.
- AR – Monitor AR at all times, collect all balance owing regarding rent & utility matters. Prepare relevant LTB forms and balance owing letters as required and advised by the property manager.
- Generate from Yardi a Vacancy List and ensure the information on the availability list is accurate.
- Assist in commercial lease creation as required by the property manager.
- Be on call after business hours, if required, to answer all emergency calls and dispatch the appropriate trade when required.
- Ensure tenant & owner electronic & paper files are kept up to date and organized.
- Maintain Property Management component of the “G” Drive in accordance with Computer User Group guidelines.
- Ensure all filing is complete.
- Receive calls and in person visits from tenants, accept rental payments and follow designated process in handling cash and cheques.
- Receptionist coverage as needed. Greet/assist all visitors, clients, trades, etc. in a helpful and informative manner.
- Assist other team members as requested & required.
- Various other duties as may be required. These duties are subject to change at the sole discretion of Management.
SPECIFIC TO CONDOS:
- Process all move ins and move outs for homeowners. Prepare new homeowner packages.
- Process condo fee payments .
- Prepare all condo fee renewal notices & packages.
- Keep updated at all times all homeowner information.
- AR – Monitor AR for all outstanding condo fee payments and collect accordingly.
- Various other duties as may be required by the condo manager.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-motivated team player with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative property management environment and have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
The position requires excellent oral and written communication skills; superior phone manner, ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with owners, tenants and team members.
Candidates must be able to manage their time effectively and be extremely organized, work cooperatively with tenants and fellow staff, work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and have a functional working knowledge of Yardi property management software as well as knowledge of the landlord and tenant Act and the condominium Act.
If this sounds like you, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to Kaylee Tremblay at email@example.com with the job title in the subject line or submit your application through the form below. Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.