Careers – Job Opening
Payroll & Real Estate Accountant – Campanale Group – Ottawa, ON
We are hiring a Payroll and Real Estate Accountant for our Construction, Property Management and Real Estate company. The successful candidate will be a diligent, resourceful and competent full cycle accountant with experience in real estate development construction accounting, with a business oriented mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the payroll process for approximately 35 full and part-time employees. Complete bi-weekly payroll and government remittances. Independently manage all aspects of the payroll cycle and maintain extreme confidentiality. Assist with employees relations, manage WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board), and training and benefits administration.
- Full cycle accounting including A/P, account reconciliations, monthly HST remittances for all companies, residential and commercial closings and related government remittances, and preparing annual working papers.
- Assisting the Controller as necessary.
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Outlook; intermediate knowledge of Excel is an asset
- Should have excellent organizational skills, communication skills and leadership qualities
- The person should be enthusiastic about the challenges of the job
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Minimum University Degree or College Diploma in accounting
- Knowledge of relevant payroll legislation, policies, and regulations
- Strong understanding of full cycle accounting
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: 200 – 1187 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3X7
If you believe you possess the required skill set and work experience to be considered for this position,
please fill out the form below and attach your resume:
(Please Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.)