Careers – Job Opening – Design Centre Consultant
Design Centre Consultant – Campanale Homes Design Centre
Description: The Design Center Consultant assists and manages customers by providing interior design and sales services, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and customer excellence which meet and exceed customer satisfaction goals, financial results, and employer satisfaction.
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: January 2018
Job Location: Ottawa
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Schedule appointments and prepare home buyer folders.
- Read and understand architectural plans and builder’s standard specifications.
- Consult with new home buyers to discuss the budget and design / decor preferences.
- Enter selections into Excel spreadsheets.
- Review selections with home buyers prior to contract signing.
- Stay up to date on the latest design and residential construction trends as they pertain to the interior and exterior selections.
- Provide appropriate responses while communicating via email and/or phone calls with home buyers and the internal company.
- Work with Estimator and Construction team on special requests for pricing and custom options.
- Prepare selections for Sales Manager approval and process required paperwork for spec homes.
- Organize and maintain interior and exterior samples for Design Center.
- Attend sales and construction meetings.
- Maintain relationship with vendors to ensure the samples are refreshed and up to date in the showroom.
- Maintain homeowner files and site-specific standard/upgrade binders.
- Help facilitate site construction by responding quickly to site inquiries.
- Familiarize yourself with the construction department processes and communicate any issues or questions promptly for resolution.
- 1-3 years of design related experience. Backgrounds in residential interior decorating/design (or) retail. Construction experience a plus.
- Displays a strong knowledge of interior finishes and residential decor.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Customer Service focused professional with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to collaborate well with all members of the team.
All candidates for positions at Campanale Homes are expected to:
- Be energetic, friendly and outgoing.
- Work independently and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]. We thank you in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.